Monday, July 21, 2008

Response to Sen. Webb's Response to My Letter Including Support for an Airline/Airport Recycling Act

Dear Senator Webb,

Thank you for replying to my telephone calls and letters about FISA. I appreciate your responses and the attention.

If I understand your letter correctly, it sounds like you opposed many parts of FISA. Then why did you vote for it? I do not understand.

Meanwhile (new subject): I support Sen. Barack Obama's quest to get us out of Iraq as fast as possible, and I hope you will assist him and work strenuously to achieve it. This is My Number One Issue.

(Another new subject):

When I travel I am appalled by the lack and customary absence of recycling containers in U.S. airports. In this day and time of attention devoted to recycling, I am stunned that airports and airlines do not recycle newspapers and containers.

A U.S. Airport/Airline Recycling Act would:

1. Improve the environment;
2. Create jobs;
3. Reduce the manufacture of more containers;
4. Reduce solid waste;
5. Reduce energy demands;
6. Save gasoline costs (for trucks used to haul trash);
7. Utilize newspapers and containers in an environmentally sound way to
produce recycled materials for other products;
8. Focus attention on recycling, thereby producing more recycling at homes,
schools, and businesses.

If airline employees and passengers can "carry it on," why can't they "carry it off"? Perhaps (another idea) incentives to passengers could be offered.

I pose this to you as policy to consider for legislation quickly. It has benefits for all.

Sincerely,
Patriciadc

No comments: