Saturday, July 5, 2008

Obama OBurnout

Is he like all the others the way my pal Maureen characterizes politicians?

I thought we were voting for "change."

Keenly irritating is his aboutface on FISA, then, perhaps a change of mind about Nafta, then, the child rape execution question, but the worst, the worst, is his waffling on Iraq.

When thousands of us passionately believed he was going to do all within his might to get us out of Iraq quickly, now come the words that, well, maybe he'll see things differently, the closer he gets to office.

Hillary? Calling Hillary! No need to call her since Obama's studying her playbook, but why? She failed in her quest!

Isn't this what she did: Tried to be all things to every body (two words), and turned off her base?

Like thousands of others, I am one of those passionate activists who has traveled from state to state canvassing for Obama, registering voters, making telephone calls, sending in my wee bits of money. Oh, sure, he's got my vote, but my passion has withered, and I am taking a break for now.

1 comment:

DS said...

wassup Ding.. Obama is the greatest thing that ever happened to Dems. You forgot about that?