Thursday, May 15, 2008

Letter to Washington Post's Ombudsman about Failure to Cover the Iraq War

(Written May 13, 2008. Check it out: No Iraq War coverage. And NO REPLY.)

Dear Ms. (Deborah) Howell,

Am I missing the Post's Iraq War story today? Why can't I find anything with a dateline from Iraq?

Aren't we still engaged in a war there?

You don't carry one mention of it today: Not on any of your pages, not one story by any of the columnists. Why?

When Americans identify the Iraq War as the second issue of concern to them, the POST fails to carry a word about it! It is no wonder the was has continued for five+ years when the media abandons it, and yet, how many of our troops are stationed there? How much money are we pouring there by the minute?

Dick Cheney and the Defense Department must be jumping up and down and drinking champagne over the Post's lack of coverage. Did you see his quote yesterday? "Good news is no news." So that means it is all good coming out of Iraq?

Perhaps I have missed the story, perhaps there is a paragraph about it somewhere, but I fail to find it anywhere, even in the one paragraph stories in "Around the World".

I believe the POST strives to be an "international" paper, but perhaps I am wrong, too, about that.

I hope you are able to tell me the page number of the story I missed in today's Washington Post about the Iraq War.

Sincerely,
Patriciadc

No comments: