Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another Robo Letter from Senator James Webb

The staff forgot to include my name and address in the salutation, but where's the salutation? I guess letterwriting is not taught any more. I wrote Sen. Webb to thank him for the first "genuine" reply I have received from him since he's been in office (18 months).



Thank you for your recent electronic mail message to my office in Washington. I am pleased that because of the Internet, more than 100,000 Virginians will send their ideas directly to me this year.

Please be assured that your views are very helpful to me and my staff. As the Senate addresses crucial economic, domestic and foreign policy issues facing our nation, we will be sure to keep your comments and ideas in mind.

I encourage you to visit my website at www.webb.senate.gov for regular updates about my activities and positions on matters that are important to Virginia and our nation.

If the subject of your communication is time sensitive, involves a personal issue relating to the federal government (such as help with a passport, claim for veterans' benefits, or immigration) or requires more detailed attention, please contact my office directly toll free at 1-866-507-1570.

Again, thank you for contacting my office, and I hope you will communicate with me often in the future.



Sincerely

Jim Webb

United States Senate

No comments: