Friday, June 6, 2008

The Obamas' Marriage

What message does this send?

That marriage might, after all, work out? That two people can be married for 15 years and still be in love? Unbelievable!

The photograph of them on the stage Tuesday night "fist bumping" says it all. They look like they're on their honeymoon.

Their eyes lock and show the love, the respect, the admiration, the devotion they feel for each other. It is almost like they are on their own cloud unaware that 20,000 screaming fans surround them.

With that shy, schoolgirl pose, and her fashionable dress, Michelle Obama reminds me of Princess Diana.

Yes, marriage is still alive and can endure.

A great image, no? For the young folks? For maybe some of the old ones, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trish, I just have to say that I love your posts!!! Please keep them up! I have your site saved in my favorites!