Friday, October 24, 2008

Santa Claus at the Washington Post

Is it just me or what's with the Washington Post and the Tysons Corner Santa Claus?

I mean, huh?

Three front page stories (of the Metro section)for three consecutive days, bam, bam, bam about a displaced, fired Santa at the Mall?

What? You've got to be kidding.

Is the Santa, whom the Post "saved" and who now has been rehired due to the publicity, the promotion, the free space, the video, the audio, the negative stories about the mean ole Mall in the newspaper, maybe, the uncle, the father, the brother, the partner of a top staff member at the Post?

Or, is this "happy news" the Post is producing to reduce even more losses of younger readers? You tell me. I mean, really, I thought I was reading a "Parade" edition of an "international" newspaper.

Have interns taken over? The Post's reduction in staff is telling.

What's up, Santa?

Feliz Navidad!

No comments: