Sunday, October 18, 2009

Obama's Afghan policy affects Virginia governor's race

Why should we, the former impassioned, bother? After all we did last year to elect Barack Obama? When he continues the Bush policies in another country? Our vigor is gone, our enthusiasm, dimmed, by the wishy-washy administration policy of no change after all.

For what? To "defeat" the Taliban? Al-Qaeda? Cockroaches are infinite; they cannot be extinguished.

We continue pouring blood and money into a foreign nation a la Bush.

What change?

What next?

Pakistan?

India?

Mr. Deeds: Here is where many of your Northern Virginia voters are: misled, fed up, and disillusioned anew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patricia, Great job: succinct and spot on.

Patricia Leslie said...

Anonymous, I am just so mad! It dawned on me that Obama's Afghan policy surely is affecting my enthusiasm for the Nov. 3 election. Therefore, I have discovered, what I am feeling, many others are, too. N. VA voters this election are just not pumped up and may consequently hand the election to the Repub. candidate for gov. Honestly, I think Afghanistan is an impt. factor.

Sincerely,
Patriciadc