Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cartoon idea: The Mountain of Cash (Before and After)

BEFORE:

Standing on a plateau on a big mountain top composed of dollars spewing everywhere are the rich people lolling around their swimming pools, jetting here and there, bedecked in their jewels, wrapped in fur, slurping drinks, shopping at the “high end” shops, driving fancy cars.

Holding them up “down below” inside the mountain with their cash infusions are the poor middle class people working hard at cash registers, assembling cars, taking food orders and dry-cleaning, standing in line to spend their precious dollars at low-end shops, driving trucks

AFTER
: The rich are frantic, pulling their hair out, beads of sweat everywhere on their mountain plateau. Gone are the jewels, the furs, the jets because: “down below,” the mountain crumbles: The poor and middle class stand in lines waiting for food boxes. Their cash to support the rich class’ way of life has disappeared and along with it, the rich, now engulfed by the cashless monster

With apologies to Johnny Rivers and Charley Pride:

Standin' on a mountain lookin' down on a city
The way I feel is a doggone pity
Teardrops fallin' down the mountain side
Many times I've been here, many times I've cried
We used to be so happy when we were awash
High on a mountain of cash

Mountain of cash, the mountain of cash
You should be ashamed
You used to be my mountain of cash
But you just changed your game

Way down below there's a half a million people
Somewhere there's a bank with a lot of bankers weepin’
Inside the bank, there's an altar filled with dollars
Courthouse bells are ringin' and they should've been all ours
That's why I'm so upset, my dream is gone so fast
High on your mountain of cash

Night after night I'm a-standin' in the cold
Cryin’ out for you, I’ve never been so old
Prayin' you're not hungry and you'll buy something quick
Hopin' just by chance that you won’t call me a ----
Trying hard to find you somewhere in the mash
High on my mountain of cash

Mountain of cash, the mountain of cash
You should be ashamed
You used to be my mountain of cash
But you just changed my game

No comments: