Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Said the little people to the big whigs on the hill,
"Do you hear what I hear?
Ringing through the air, big whigs on the hill,
Do you hear what I hear?
A change, a change high above the trees
With a bank as big as the sea,
With a bank as big as the sea.”

Said the right wing to the little man,
"Do you see what I see?
Way up in the sky, little man
Do you see what I see?
The planes, the planes heading to DC
With the jets carrying GM in our sight,
The banks take the cash with their might.”

Said the little people to the mighty king,
"Do you know what I know?
In your palace warm, mighty king,
Do you know what I know?
The cash, the cash going to fatty cats
And there's none left for us, mighty king,
There is none left for us, mighty king.”

Said the voters to the mighty king,
"Do you see what I see?
A child, a child shivers in the cold
Let us bring Freddie silver and gold,
Let us bring Fannie silver and gold,
Let us bring the Bear silver and gold,
Let us bring AIG silver and gold,
Let us bring Citi silver and gold."
And leave the child to chill in the cold.

Said Obama to the people everywhere,
"Listen to what I say!
Pray for peace, people everywhere,
Listen to what I say!
My change, my change coming in the night
I will pray for peace and swing right,
I will pray for peace and swing right.”

No comments: